All week-long I had long convoluted dreams that ultimately ended in a fashion decision.
Recalling them now, they seem to be retro images of me and a version of what I wore when.
HA! Perhaps a series of what Not to wear moments.
First there was the entirely Pink dream. Work related… I am the only female in an all male office
in a mostly male dominated industry. The boyz all wear jeans and tees…. My usual wardrobe only two steps above
them toward business attire. One day (in my dream) I burst into the office wearing hot pink from head
to toe. A full tule skirt and short crop lace top, pink satin ballet slippers…. and the ultra accessory –
master blaster on the shoulder. “Hi guys, ready to rock the Monday meeting?!”
Tuesday’s was a much more intense situation with a subdued solution. I was kidnapped and forced to cook meth.
I know, Breaking Bad creeping in, even though I stopped watching seasons ago. I plotted my escape.
Down in the basement, donned in scrubs. I needed to find some shoes so I could make a run for it
over the gravel parking lot and jump the barbed wire fence.
I dug around in a gym bag I found under a table… stilettos, no those won’t do,
slip on flats, no thanks, but hmmmmmm.
These might work. Practical and get the job done – wing tipped oxfords.
The 3rd dream was bright and sunny. I think I was at a music festival or at the beach.
I felt the warmth and easy vibes all around. Must have been over the hump day and toward TGIF. My fashion decision ended up with a very casual Wayfarer and overalls look.
I actually did rock this look in real life… though mine was a much more Free People style than
what I could find pictured here.
Pink Thule Skirt from Lucky Pony
Blaster w/ iPhone docking from Pinterest
Winged Tipped Oxfords by Fratelli-Rossetti
RayBan Wayfarers & overalls on Alessandra Ambrosio from WhoWhatWear
Not remembering all the details of this madcap Missoniesque romp * loud, colorful, chaotic, textural
Things I do remember…
- Beautiful Missoniesque like knitwear.
- I was either the designer, agent of the designer, stylist, or some other fashion industry persona, like Rachel Zoe.
- My friend was modeling the clothes. Über-model tall, gorgeous, all angles and grace.
- A loud boisterous top hat wearing, cigar smoking man, reminded me of WC Fields. He was running around telling lewd jokes, lifting up models skirts, annoying the crap out of everyone. This part was in B&W while the rest was in vivid chroma-color.
- Dressing rooms with piles and piles of clothes, a chaotic backstage to a fashion show.
- Banging drums and the soundtrack of Adele’s, Rolling in the Deep.
- A mascot dachshund giving the all-knowing look from the sidelines. At one moment a dog, the next, a woman in a pill box hat.
And she’ll tease you
She’ll unease you
All the better just to please you
She’s precocious and she knows just what it takes to make a pro blush
She’s got Greta Garbo stand-off sighs
She’s got Bette Davis eyes ~ Kim Carnes
~ all photos via Pinterest ~
Found this very cool illustration this morning. Fits my mood. Dreaming of dream blogging, cool spring fashion, itching to doodle and of course… rockin’ out for the weekend! TGIF