Bette Davis Eyes
Not remembering all the details of this madcap Missoniesque romp * loud, colorful, chaotic, textural
Things I do remember…
- Beautiful Missoniesque like knitwear.
- I was either the designer, agent of the designer, stylist, or some other fashion industry persona, like Rachel Zoe.
- My friend was modeling the clothes. Über-model tall, gorgeous, all angles and grace.
- A loud boisterous top hat wearing, cigar smoking man, reminded me of WC Fields. He was running around telling lewd jokes, lifting up models skirts, annoying the crap out of everyone. This part was in B&W while the rest was in vivid chroma-color.
- Dressing rooms with piles and piles of clothes, a chaotic backstage to a fashion show.
- Banging drums and the soundtrack of Adele’s, Rolling in the Deep.
- A mascot dachshund giving the all-knowing look from the sidelines. At one moment a dog, the next, a woman in a pill box hat.
And she’ll tease you
She’ll unease you
All the better just to please you
She’s precocious and she knows just what it takes to make a pro blush
She’s got Greta Garbo stand-off sighs
She’s got Bette Davis eyes ~ Kim Carnes
~ all photos via Pinterest ~